- Highly Speciliast Speech-Language Therapist
- Band 7
- Full Time 37.5 hours per week
- Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust
- Royal Free Hospital
- £39,866 - £49,704 pa inclusive
- 24/01/2019 23:59
Our trust has around 10,000 staff serving 1.6 million patients. It comprises Barnet Hospital, Chase Farm Hospital, the Royal Free Hospital and more than 30 services in the community. This larger scale organisation provides an unprecedented opportunity for us to continue our pioneering work, particularly in finding ways to deliver even better care to our patients.
Our mission is to deliver world class care and expertise in our clinical services, underpinned by world class teaching and research and we will continue to measure our progress against our five governing objectives: excellent outcomes, excellent patient and staff experience, excellent value for taxpayers’ money, being safe and meeting our external duties, and building a strong organisation.
Click here to view our video Welcome to the Royal Free
Click on the logo below to see the video of the Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust values
An exciting opportunity has arisen within our therapy services team for a Rotational Band 7 Speech & Language Therapy post. This post will offer an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic, self-motivated and experienced speech and language therapist to join our leadership team. The post will rotate on an 18 month basis between a role within the health services for elderly people (HSEP)/ general medicine team, the neurosciences team and the private practice unit/critical care team
The post holder will:
- Provide clinical leadership to a highly specialised therapy service working in partnership with all members of the multi-disciplinary team to deliver excellent outcomes
- Be part of a team of senior SLT’s working within specialty groups that include care of the elderly, neurosciences, rehabilitation, head and neck cancer, voice / ENT and critical Care / respiratory teams across all of our sites.
- Be responsible for providing highly specialist assessment, diagnosis and treatment of adult patients in an acute setting
- Deputise for the Clinical Lead Speech and Language therapist, to ensure the development of collaborative and multidisciplinary team working practices and to assist in achieving Trust and national government targets.
You will be joining a team of 12 other SLT’s on site and a team of 22.6 across all of our sites. You will be well supported with opportunities for peer support and access to joint working with clinical leads. You will be offered opportunities for personal and professional development. The Speech and Language Therapy team run both videofluoroscopy and FEES instrumental assessment clinics and the post holder will be expected to be able to lead in these clinics and manage patients with tracheostomies.
The Royal Free London has excellent clinical outcomes and the therapies team has a strong commitment to interdisciplinary, evidence based practise.
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Rachel Bridge - Lead for Therapy Services in Private Practice on Rachel.email@example.com
Aeron Ginnelly - Clinical Lead on firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have problems applying, contact
Open Monday to Friday
08:30 am to 17:30pm
- 01629 690820